Èze-Village – Part 1/5
Èze, is a mysterious gem in the French Riviera and strangely, derives its name from the ancient Egyptian goddess Isis. This medieval hilltop village although not unknown to tourists, is definitely eclipsed by its far famous neighbours, Nice and Monaco.
Èze, however, stands out on its own and has a unique old world charm with breathtaking views of the Cote D’Azur.
1. How to reach – 11km from Nice and 7km from Monaco you can take a bus from the Èze Sur Mer train station. We travelled by road from Nice during our guided tour booked through Viator which in itself was fantastic way to explore the French Riviera.
2. Bus no. 112 from Nice is an option
3. There is a nominal fee, 5-10 Euros to enter the Le Jardin Exotique d’Èze
4. Get a good camera, sunblock, sunglasses and 2 bottles of water/person.
5. Cash is recommended for fringe expenses because there are not many ATMs in the vicinity and majority of the sellers are small establishments, but at Parfumerie Fragonard you can use your card.